Critical Reflection

At the start of this module, I set a goal for myself to achieve at least a grade B and come out of this module with the ability to converse and present better. Coming to every lesson early, submitting assignments promptly and ensuring it is done whole-heartedly.

Part of the critical thinking process is to be able to skilfully conceptualize, apply and analyze information by observing, experiencing or reflecting it. In addition, the Paul Elder Framework has had an impact in the way critical thinking is made. Part of this framework identifies the knowledge, comprehension, application, analysis, synthesis and evaluation of a certain topic. Being able to understand the main topic is what consists of knowledge. Understanding the issue of the subject or topic means you can comprehend what the topic is about. The ability to analyze and link the information is the ability to apply your thought process. After which, I can solve or investigate the problem and that is what is called analysis. If I have the capacity to mix my ideas and make the solution into a doable plan, then I can finally test and evaluate the solution.

Let’s put that into context of what I have done and learned in this module so far. During research, I must critically reflect whether what I have learnt is able to help me at where I am. For instance, I have done several presentations back when I was taking my diploma. Until today there are tons of mistakes that I can still improve on. Using my past experiences to help me where I am will help me to improve in every aspect. In terms of communication and critical thinking skills, I can improve it by being more attentive when conversing with someone and taking down important notes. In addition, using my critical thinking skills to analyse, evaluate, solve and think about how I can make that subject better.

During project learning, the presentation is what sets off the whole project. Being able to understand what you have researched on and the ability to convey the message to the audience means you have good presentation skills. As Professor Bradstone has said multiple times, you must try to engage with the audience. My team and I took the time to practice how we should present to the class. We took notes and advice from each other and see what we can improve on and what to avoid. This has changed at the way I work with my teammates. Every day you are consistently learning.

Even when doing up technical reports where this is heavily tested on our writing skills, we had to ensure that the citations and information we wrote were valid, trustworthy or feasible. Ensuring that one point or information links to one another. I feel it is good to have a balance in group works. For instance, one person may have a broad knowledge or idea about a certain topic, and the other has a good skill in writing without grammatical errors. Communicating with each other and putting the right words to form up the technical report makes a good team.

In every group work, teamwork is the most important aspect. Be it whether you are proficient in something than the others, teamwork makes the dream work. In a team, you are given different appointments. With that appointment given, you are responsible of your role. It has been an experience working with my teammates Darius and Zhi Xian. Their hard work is greatly appreciated. Our communication with each other to get work done is immensely easy.

Overall, this module has been very engaging and helpful without the help of Professor Bradstone. Together with my classmates, I feel I have made an improvement in communicating and presenting in class. One takeaway from this module is to have confidence when you present ensuring you know your content and always think before you speak.

Comments

Popular Posts